ADRs, SMRCS, CERTs, Oh My!
Navigating the New World of Oversight and Scrutiny
ADRs, SMRCS, CERTs, Oh My! Navigating the New World of Oversight and Scrutiny
The landscape and frequency of hospice audits has changed. Join Hospice News, VIA Health Partners and Homecare Homebase as we explore hospice oversight and audits from the provider perspective. Learn to identify potential pitfalls and address these challenges to prepare for the future.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn about the various audits facing the hospice industry, who they are coming from, and on what they are focusing.
- Hear testimony from one hospice’s experience after facing post-covid audit resurgence. Hear what they have faced and what they found to be their highest risk areas and denials reasons.
- Hear examples of top technical findings and learn mitigation strategies to prevent these in the future.
- Learn what solutions your EMR can provide to force audit compliance on the front end, with safeguards and triple checks for the top compliance risk areas.
Proactive Preparation for Hospice Oversight
The frequency and types of audits hospice agencies are subjected to has grown in the past several years. It’s not a question of if, but when you receive an audit, so it pays to be prepared. Below are a few tips from VIA Health Partners.
- Know the players, identify which surveyors you are likely to hear from based off the contractors serving your area and make sure the appropriate team members know these players as well.
- Put processes in place to make sure communication from one of these players is communicated immediately so you can put together an action plan quickly.
- Mitigate audit risks by reducing the potential for documentation areas
- Develop automated workflows ensure important details down fall through the cracks
Plan for Continuous Improvement
Compliance rules and audit/survey processes will continue to change, so a set-it-and-forget-it approach may end up doing more harm than good. Build an annual workflow analysis project into your organization’s yearly calendar to make sure your processes are updated to align with the latest compliance rules and also look for areas where you can create documentation and workflow efficiencies. Watch the full webinar at the top of this page to learn more about Homecare Homebase can help agencies prepare for hospice oversight or review the webinar brief summarizing the discussion. Ready to take the next step? Contact our sales representatives to learn more.